September 16, 2008

Run, Mommy, Run!

I am all registered to run the Baltimore 1/2 Marathon, so being that there is less than one month(!!!) till the race, I decided that I should actually enter an organized running event to see what they are like. This past Saturday, I ran a 5K to support St. Michael's youth group summer work camp projects.




There were about 70 runners...a very small town event. It was less intimidating that way, so I was happy. As it turns out, the fewer runners there are, the more likely it is that you might win. I got a medal for being 2nd in my age category! Sara also participated in the kids fun run. She was so so cute! The run was 1/2 mile around a field and the church. She was most interested in the cows that were mooing at us as we ran-walked-skipped past. (I did mention small town event right?!) The best part of the whole day was when another little girl who ran the fun run came and met Sara about 100 yards from the finish line and took her hand and ran with her till the end. So sweet and such a great display of sportsmanship!


1 comment:

Kate said...

Yay Angela! I'm still so impressed at your dedication. Keep it up! And stop downplaying your second-place finish. Man, I'd be shoutin that from rooftops.

Sara is SO darn cute!!!!