April 18, 2008

100 Things about Me

  1. I have a motorcycle license
  2. I met my husband in a burning building
  3. My family vacations annually in the Outer Banks, NC
  4. I have been to Russia and Italy
  5. I am an only child
  6. I work for the Federal Government
  7. I have a Master's degree from Johns Hopkins
  8. I am afraid of being alone
  9. Sunflowers are my favorite
  10. I have worn glasses since middle school
  11. I have never had braces
  12. My husband is a firefighter
  13. I was raised Methodist but am now attending a Catholic church
  14. I have donated my hair to "Wigs for Kids" twice
  15. I teach my babies sign language
  16. I love planning themed parties
  17. I have never dyed my hair
  18. Depression runs in my family
  19. I love my iPod
  20. I was on a competitive jump rope team as a kid
  21. I was in Girl Scouts for 13 years
  22. I don't like birds as pets, though I enjoy the ones that come to our feeders
  23. I am working on becoming a more patient person
  24. I used to see the world as only black & white; now it's not so clear
  25. I would like to go back to school for a degree in Social Work
  26. I am an introvert
  27. INTJ--need I say more?!
  28. One summer, I spent every day but two at the community pool
  29. My marriage is forever
  30. Couponing is a great game for me
  31. I love children's museums
  32. I wish I was a better gardener
  33. I have two precious daughters
  34. I have my ears pierced three times in each ear
  35. I walked to school from 6th to 12th grade
  36. My birthstone is Peridot and I have never seen any attractive jewelry using that stone
  37. I love lists
  38. My middle name is Lynn
  39. I have a German Shepard named Harley
  40. I am generally afraid to try new things because I won't be good enough the first time
  41. I have a 45 minute commute to work
  42. I took country line dancing lessons in college
  43. Subway was my first job
  44. I am an intense person
  45. We have watched "Finding Nemo" so many times in my house the DVD actually broke
  46. I sacrifice tidiness for spending time with my kids
  47. I love watching professional football
  48. I played soccer in high school
  49. I could spend hours in the library
  50. The best birthday present I ever got was when my husband took me to a favorite store and let me browse forever and bought me whatever I picked out
  51. I hope to be as good of a Mommy as my Mother was
  52. I am a pretty good knitter
  53. Teaching my sister-in-law how to sew still makes me laugh just thinking about it
  54. I have sold things on eBay in the past
  55. Two of my cousins went to the same college as me
  56. With enough coffee, anything's possible
  57. I have a sister-in-law that also blogs and is the one who got me interested in starting my own
  58. I grew up in a very suburban area and now I live in a small rural town
  59. I usually listen to Country music
  60. I collect Longaberger baskets
  61. I buy most of the clothing for my family at Goodwill
  62. I my dreams, I have a housekeeper
  63. I am financially conservative--frugal but definitely not stingy
  64. My goal in life as a kid was to live in a house with more than one floor--a true sign of success--we do
  65. I am so proud to have my very own yard to mow
  66. I like to play the CVS shopping game
  67. I currently have enough toothpaste to last me probably three years
  68. My mother is fluent in Sign Language, as is my brother-in-law's mother
  69. I pray often for my children and my husband
  70. I am left-handed
  71. Everyone thinks my mother and I are sisters
  72. I struggle with really listening to people
  73. Fruit salad is one of my favorite foods
  74. One of the best things about having little girls is being able to dress them alike
  75. The last book I read was a Memoir
  76. My least favorite household chore is doing dishes
  77. The hosts on QVC fascinate me for their ability to chatter endlessly about nothing
  78. Easter is my favorite holiday
  79. Water chestnuts give me the chills
  80. I just don't get the appeal for kids with Dr. Seuss books
  81. My name is Angela and I have never liked being called Angie
  82. My best days are when I feel the most taken care of
  83. There is a difference between tolerance and acceptance
  84. I wish we would have named our first daughter after someone
  85. While I do enjoy my career, my true work in life is being a Mom
  86. I have set a goal to walk the C&O Canal Trail before I have another baby
  87. I have never had surgery of any kind
  88. Going shopping makes me happy, even if I don't buy anything
  89. I love Regular Coke
  90. In elementary school, I went to summer school for an older age group just for fun
  91. My most recent Amazon purchase was this toilet seat where the child's potty seat is recessed into the lid...what an awesome invention!
  92. I prefer summer over winter
  93. My children have reddish hair and blue eyes; neither my husband or I have these characteristics
  94. I often misplace things and my husband is usually the one who has the patience to go find them for me
  95. I graduated college Magna Cum Laude
  96. I once grew 96 cloves of garlic in my 4' x 8' raised garden bed
  97. My brother-in-law and I have Sudoku races to see who can finish first
  98. I have no particular attachment to the cars I drive; the cheapest, most reliable will do just fine
  99. I can't pretend
  100. I don't like the smell of microwave popcorn

1 comment:

Kate said...

Very interesting, I learned a few new things about you!