May 5, 2008

Menu Plan Monday: May 5 - May 11

I am a planner by nature. I love lists. I like to know what to expect and to look forward to. Only recently, and with the help of my husband, have I learned to relax a little...or in the case of this week...alot! Ordinarily, I would be frustrated if I spent the time to create, say, a meal plan and then we didn't stick to the plan. This past week, we tossed the plan to the wind and did lots of eating out and accepting unexpected invitations for meals. It was a total blast! And the best reward of all is that I get to recycle last week's meal plan for this week, with no extra grocery shopping!

We went to my sister-in-law's house for homemade pizzas last Friday. This is one of our favorite dinners! We do it probably about every other week. She does the dough in her bread maker and adds yummy Italian spices to it for a little extra flavor.

Sara's favorite part is to "roll roll roll."

We all bring over toppings to share and everyone (even Sara!) gets to make their own!

In the summertime, we cook the pizzas right on the pizza stone that is placed on the grill :)

Here's what's on the menu for this week....again....

Breakfast--
Cereal
Oatmeal
Grits

Lunch--
Macaroni & Cheese
Turkey Sandwhiches
Grilled Cheese
Meatball Subs
Leftovers (Lasagna, Potato Leek Soup)

Snack--
Yogurt
Fruit (Apples, Oranges)
Crackers
Pretzels

Dinner--
Monday--Spaghetti & Meatballs
Tuesday--Chicken Tenders, Rice, Sweet Potato Patties
Wedenesday--Grilled Brats w/Peppers & Onions, Baked Beans, Potato Salad
Thursday--Salmon, Salad, Baked Potatoes
Friday--Leftovers or Pizza
Saturday--Dinner w/Mom at her house
Sunday--Breaded Fried Pork Chops, Green Beans, Stuffing

No comments: