May 12, 2008

Update on the Accidental Watermelon

I told you all how I accidentally came to own a watermelon plant that is described to produce 125 pound fruits. Because I bought it, it became mine and because I have no space in my yard for such a plant, I set out on a mission to find a fitting home for my accidental watermelon. I wanted someone to love it and grow it like I would if I'd only had the space. Then the thought occurred to me...what if the girls gave it to their Meme (Scott's mom) for Mother's Day?! She has the space (they have grown pumpkins in years past) and she would certainly not want to disappoint the grand-babies by letting the watermelon die. A brilliant idea if I do say so myself! I hope to provide you more updates and photos as the accidental watermelon grows.

No comments: